Life at The Seville of Roxy Apartement from A Goldfish's Eyes

Fishbowl - Bradley Somer

Title: Fishbowl

Author: Bradley Somer

Publisher: Ebury Press (Fiction)

Publication Date: Aug 6th 2015

Page Numbers: 320 pages

Blurb

Told through the eyes of a goldfish named Ian, who is currently falling from the twenty-seventh floor balcony of an apartment building, this novel follows an eclectic cast of characters on one single day.A quirkily charming, highly original and philosophically joyful novel with the unlikeliest of heroes. This is Tales of the City as seen by a goldfish.

There is the handsome grad student, his girlfriend, and his mistress; the building’s superintendent who feels invisible and alone; the pregnant woman on bed rest; and the home-schooled boy, Herman, who thinks he can travel through time. In this one building are stories of love, new life and death; and of learning that sometimes taking a risk is the only way to move forward…

What I Thought
This is my first reading experience in a novel with a summary of the whole book as the last chapter. No, I don't mind at all. It's pretty unique, so does the book itself. The blurb said about the sight in a goldfish POV and yes...I got it. But not for the whole book. This book offered me more than a sight from a goldfish, but this book brought me to peeked some residents of Seville of Roxy apartment out.

In this book, we would met Jimenez, the superintendent. He was invisible, even he could fixed the elevator and leaked fawcet. There also Garth, a misterious guy who introduced as a guy-who-bought-a-package. Then we found The Villain Connor Radley (who I pictured as Adam Levine of Maroon 5 :D) with his affair, the Evil Seductress Faye. The victim of both of them was Katie, our heroine. Ian, the goldfish, was a gift from Katie to Connor, to substituted Connor's dog which die long time ago. There also home-schooled boy named Herman, who did heroic thing for the pregnant lady, Petunia Delilah after his unconsciousness, and with the help of Claire, a lady who worked in the sexphone company who has OCD. This book told the stories of them all in one day.

Favorite Lines:
Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is a choice that was made, sometimes that reason is serendipity and sometimes it's divine. Life cascades on it's respose. [page.293]